Make your own laundry wash with Marseille soap! It’s a warrant of hypoallergenic, colouring-free, fragrance-free washing liquid with no additives.
Marseille soap flakes are recommended for a gentle and efficient wash of all textiles, in particular fragile items (baby clothes, wool, silk, lace etc.) both by hand or in washing machine at 40 degrees. They are also biodegradable and phosphate free.
Ingredients for 1 litre of laundry wash
- 25g Marseille soap flakes (grate your soap to get the right amount)
- 1L water
- 1 tablespoon bicarbonate of soda (optional). It is known for its whitening power but also as a deodorant, and is biodegradable, economical and preservative-free.
- 10 drops of essential oil (optional)
Instructions for use
- Put the Marseille soap flakes into a large mixing bowl
- Heat the water in a kettle or saucepan
- For the boiling water onto the soap flakes and mix until the soap has completely dissolved
- Leave to cool down
- Add the bicarbonate of soda and essential oil (optional)
- For into an empty bottle or washing liquid container
Practical Hint: If your water is hard (contains high amount of dissolved Calcium and Magnesium), add a cupful of white vinegar in the fabric conditioner compartment at regular intervals.
Pour a small glass (20cl) of the liquid into the detergent compartment of your washing machine or into the diffuser in the tub with your linen.
You can make your Marseille soap laundry wash in advance so that it's ready when you need it. Don’t worry if it sets in the bottle when it cools down. Just shake well before use until the liquid is smooth again.
It couldn’t be more economical or ecological. You can use your laundry liquid on any fabrics and it’s excellent for delicates (silk, lace, wool...) It’s particularly recommended for baby clothes to avoid irritations and allergic reactions.
On stubborn stains, you can still rub your Marseille soap cube before washing.